Friends as you all know that Hacking activities are increasing rapidly day by day. You might have heard that recently hackers hacked into iCloud accounts of celebrities and leaked their personal and nude photos. So it's time to make all your account passwords strong. Most of people set their password as Boy friend name or girl friend name, Mobile number, Vehicle number, Birth Date etc. Your Enemies who is trying to steal your password can guess your password and they can get access to your accounts. Still you are thinking that your password is strong and safe, maybe it’s time to wake up and make your banking, facebook, gmail and other account passwords strong.
What is strong password?
I will not explain this in brief since many sites have already provided lots of information about this topic. The strong password must be as below:
- It must contain special characters such as $%#@&^!
- It must be at least 8 characters long.
- It MUST NOT be having any common words like 123456, password, your birth date, your name, mobile number and any words that can be found in the dictionary easily.
- It must contain combination of small and capitalization letters with special characters and numbers.
I would say, even if your password fulfills all the requirements mentioned above, it is still not enough. Your password needs to be totally unique and different for each and every one of your accounts. To make sure that if one of your account is hacked, your other accounts will not be affected.
You must be confusing how you will remember so many passwords when you have a problem remembering your existing password. Below are some steps which are very powerful.
1. I have used the following rules to replace the regular characters with special characters. Even you can make your own rule.
- Replace the 'a' with @ or digit 4
- Replace the 's' with $ or digit 5
- Replace the 'i' with ! or digit 1
- Replace the 'o' with * or digit 0
- Replace the 'h' with #
- Replace space with _
For example Girish@123 will be like G!r!$h@123, and Girishkumar will be like G!r!$#kum4r
2. To check your password strength go to http://www.passwordmeter.com/ and test the strength of your password. Below is the results of above passwords which I have provided in example.
Result for Girishkumar
Result for G!r!$#kum4r
Once you are done, you will be surprised that you have created lots of strong passwords which you can remember easily and with less possibility of guessing your password by someone. If you find this tutorial helpful then don’t forget to share with your friends.
Thank you :)